Sunday, January 28, 2007

PeruChunky.JPGSeveral weeks ago I came upon these lovelies in the clearance bins at AC Moore. $2.97 a pop for 70% merino wool, 20% alpaca,10% silk. There were only 10 balls left, so I grabbed them all and hoped to find a suitable project.

Ater doing a gauge swatch, I decided to make the simple Front Cable Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2004. I just finished knitting all the pieces, and am anxious to see how it all comes together. It is a miracle that I was able to finish the knitting with just 10 balls, but there was some finagling towards the end, and I may need to use a different yarn for some of the sewing. Hopefully I'll have a picture soon.

I am also still working on the FBS that I started months ago, and am now on the 10th pattern repeat. I have only been knitting 2-4 rows in a sitting, and each row keeps getting wider and wider. I am excited to see the finished product, but finishing it isn't a first priority, since I no longer have a recipient in mind, and I'm not exactly in dire need of a lacy shawl.

In other news, I bought some beautiful orange Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran at a great price from Little Knits with A Cardigan for Arwen in mind for either me or my sister (depending on the fate of the Front Cable Cardigan).

No comments: