Monday, July 30, 2007

After two months of doing very little knitting, I have made a comeback. The Cardigan for Arwen, which had been waiting to be seamed since March, is now seamed, washed and ready to be given to my sister as a much belated birthday gift. I have to say, I am a bit disappointed with the way the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran fuzzed after machine washing it. It also stretched immensely, and after reading the experiences of other knitters, I decided to put it in the dryer. My sister is teeny tiny, so I could not risk the sweater turning into a Cardigan for Bigfoot. The yarn still feels very soft, but is surprisingly worn looking considering it has never been worn, only washed once. Hopefully a little sweater stoning will make it better, but I am not sure I would use this yarn for anything large again, even if it is on sale.

Two of my friends recently had baby boys, so I also started the serf booties from Knitting Daily. If you plan to make them, be sure to check out the errata here to avoid potential annoyance. I also finally broke out the monster stash of Cascade 220 from WEBS Anniversary sale, and started the Classic Camel Vest from Men in Knits, which I purchased from Interweave's hurt book sale a few weeks ago.

No comments: