Tuesday, June 20, 2006

hoodwinked side.JPGcabled hoodie pre-zipper.JPG Zipperfest. After months of letting these two hoodies sit around without closure, they have now been zipperfied! My friend, and wonderful knitter and seamstress, Linda, came over today with her two daughters and her sewing machine, and taught me how to put a separating zipper into a sweater. She did the one in the Patons Cabled Hoodie, (I'll post pictures of the finished product soon) and then I did the one in the Hoodwinked with her sitting over my shoulder making sure I was doing it correctly. Now Abe and I both have hoodies ready for the fall, and I am not scared to make another knit with a zipper!

The Cabled Hoodie pattern is from the Patons Street Smart Pattern booklet and was knit with a little more than 6 skeins of Bright Red Classic Merino Wool. The Hoodwinked is from Monkeysuits and was knit in Filatura di Crosa Primo, which I got from the sale rack at The Knitter's Cottage back in the fall of 2005.

No comments: