Friday, September 28, 2007

Here is my finished Midwest Moonlight, the third item created for the secret birthday gift exchange that my knitting group started back in January. I hope to get a photo of the recipient wearing it. The gifts should be coming more frequently now since the last 3 recipients have birthdays in October, November and December.
midwest moonlight 2.jpg
I used about a skein and a half of Cascade 220 superwash, and cast on 33 stitches instead of 49, since the Cascade is thicker than the Green Mountain Spinnery Cotton Comfort called for in the pattern, and I didn't want the scarf to be too wide. The scarf was about 59" before blocking, and after a nice Eucalan bath and a stretch to open up the lace, it measured around 84". I really enjoyed knitting this pattern and am happy with the way it turned out. I'll definitely be making more of these!

No comments: