Thursday, October 25, 2007

Here is the finished Tailored Scallops. The color in the picture looks like hot pink, but the true color is more purplish-pink, like magenta. I'll need to block the seams again before I gift it to my MIL for Christmas, but since my trusty iron just died, I figured I would go ahead and post a photo. The knitting part of this probably took a week and half or so, but I left it for a while before blocking and sewing it, so all together it was 2 months from starting time to finishing time. The pattern was enjoyable and easy to memorize, and went very quickly on size 9 and 10 needles. I still have about 2 and a half skeins of Cascade 220 leftover from the 8 I had purchased to make this sweater. It is great to be done with a big Christmas gift so early, but I am anxious to see how it fits her. tailored scallops.jpg
Next on the list to be worked is my FIL's Classic Camel Vest. I finished the back a while ago, but when I started a front the other day, I realized that I must have decided to use a bigger needle for the ribbing than the pattern calls for, because the ribbing on the front looked much smaller than what I had done on the back. So I need to figure out what I did. It is amazing how much more crucial it is than ever before that I keep notes for myself. Is it having children or just getting older?

No comments: