Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bad blogger, good knitter. The blog has taken a back seat for a few weeks while I have been getting all of my gift knitting done for the holidays, plus dealing with everyday life and all that jazz. At least I have a bevy of FO's to show now that the hiatus is over. I don't have photos just yet, and the vest and shawl still need to be finished, but here is the list of gifts for Holiday 2007:

Tailored Scallops for MIL
Classic Camel Vest for FIL (still needs to finish blocking and get buttons)
Ruffles scarf
Skinny Here and There Cables
Midwest Moonlight in red
Midwest Moonlight in magenta
2 Cable scarf (my own simple design)
Misty Garden purple/pink/brown variegated
Misty Garden pink/red/orange/brown
Flower Basket Shawl (still needs 1-3 repeats of lower baskets, plus edging and blocking)

I wasn't sure how much I would use Scarf Style when I got it. It has now proven its value in my knitting library. Many of the projects are the type that look difficult to the recipient, but can be easily executed by the average knitter - a great thing when you need an impressive gift fast.

I also continue to be amazed by the power of wet blocking a lacy wool scarf from 40" to 69", (even longer if using superwash) a practice which enabled me to make some of the scarves with only one skein of Patons Classic Merino, which I bought on sale at Michaels for $3.50!

I am hoping to sit down tomorrow and crank out at least one repeat of the FBS. There are already 235 sts (9 repeats) on the needle, and I just know that it is going to be tempting to end it at 10 repeats unless I want to be knitting during every free moment I get this week. And those moments are not coming as often, especially now that my 4-year-old is no longer napping.

No comments: