Friday, August 22, 2008

New Projects

My Vogue Knitting finally arrived, and I have to say that this is one of the best issues in a long time in terms of having numerous sweater patterns that look fun to knit and wear. I have already added Veronik Avery's "Forestry", Tikru's "Green Gable", Norah Gaughan's "Drop Stitch Cable Cardi", Deborah Newton's "Cable Yoke Cardi" and Elsebeth Lavold "Pretzel Cable Cardi" to my Ravelry queue.

I had a great time making EZ's Tomten and February Baby, so I decided to use her percentage system and knit Bran a seamless raglan. I asked him to choose the color, and since his current favorite is purple, I bought some purple Patons Classic Merino and got started. My gauge is 4.5 sts per inch on 7's, and his chest circumference is 23". I decided to cast on 140 sts, so the sweater will have about 8 inches of ease if all works out. Here is what I have so far.
DSC_0004.JPG
I also wanted a small project to bring on the short beach trip we took this week. I could have started a raglan sleeve, but instead I decided to break out the 2 skeins of Cinnabar Malabrigo I bought at Threaded Bliss Yarns in Nashville, and start a Retro Redux Shrug. It was a great project for car travel, and the Malabrigo is a dream. I am curious to see how it fits once it is finished.
DSC_0003.JPG

No comments: