Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Birthday Scarf

My good friend and colleague Carl just celebrated his 60th birthday (though looking at him you would think he was 50 or younger!). I found this beautiful muted teal color of Mission Falls Wool, and broke out my Cables Untangled for the reversible cable scarf pattern. The yarn is a pleasure to knit with, and the cables breezed by without a cable needle to get in the way.

Here is the recipient modeling his new scarf. He told me that he has never worn a scarf before, but that he loves it!

scarf_448

Notice the artwork in the background. The photo was taken by Carl's wife, Marilyn, who happens to be a wonderful artist. Marilyn did some encaustic paintings of me and G, and she has graciously agreed to barter with me - paintings for a knitted item. More on that when I have figured out what I am making for her!

For those of you who live in the DC Area, Carl and I will be performing at the Embassy of the Czech Republic on November 20. More information can be found at dcmusicaviva.org. Here is the flyer for the concert.



Now I am off to check on the election. Go Obama!

No comments: