Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Year, New Resolutions

I just reviewed my 2008 FO's, and realized that out of 33 projects, only 3 were knitted for me. The knitted gifts that I gave were received gratefully, so no complaints there. But this year, although I would still like to continue to give to others, I would also like to make a goal of knitting more for myself.

And here is the beginning of my first effort in my new, more selfish direction
DSC_0045
It is the back of the Old Penny Cardigan in the Needful Yarns London Tweed that I purchased on sale from Elann.
The pattern is a bit vague, and has at least one error so far, but I am enjoying working on it nonetheless.

Another, completely unrelated goal of mine for this year is to be better about sharing my singing with more people. This stems from colleagues making fun of me for blogging all details about my knitting, but not saying much about my singing. So here are some videos from my last performance, a concert of cabaret songs.

Surabaya Johnny


Sailor's Tango


Life's A Swindle


Sex Appeal


Take It Off, Petronella


Mack the Knife


There's Nothing Quite Like Money


Falling in Love Again

No comments: