Wednesday, February 04, 2009

New Debbie Bliss Magazine

I stopped by my LYS the other day to pick up 32" size 3's for Old Penny's button band and collar. G gifted me the KnitPicks Options for the holidays, but they only include sizes 4-11. Am I the only one who often seems to have every size needle except for the one I need?

While I was there, I checked out the sale yarn, and the sock yarn. I am on a strict yarn diet, but after seeing all of the amazing knitted socks on Ravelry, and realizing how limited the store-bought sock selection is, I couldn't help but look and dream.

In the end I managed to behave, at least when it came to yarn. This ended up in my bag along with the needles.
DSC_0022
Normally, I would be cheap, and wait to go to AC Moore or Michaels to buy a magazine like this with my 40% off coupon. But, with the economy being what it is, I decided to give the money to my LYS, since I would like it to stay open!

The magazine has 36 patterns, and there are quite a few sweaters that I think I would actually make. In an effort to share some of the issue with those who haven't seen it yet, and also to help me remember it when I am looking for my next project, here is a sampling of my favorite designs.

I'm not sure I could make it through all of that stockinette stitch, but there is something about the simplicity with a twist of this one that I like.
DSC_0008
This one needs a better photograph, but from what I can make out, the textures and the tapered cut look interesting.
DSC_0010
Simple and versatile.
DSC_0012
If I made this this in a comfy yarn, I could live in it.
DSC_0013
This is lovely, but as with many of Debbie Bliss' patterns, I would be tempted to work it in the round and leave out sewing the side seams.


















These next patterns look extremely familiar - probably recycled from other Debbie Bliss pattern books, but I like them nontheless.
DSC_0017
DSC_0020
DSC_0019
DSC_0018
There you have it. Hopefully I can find some yarn in my stash that will work for some of these.

No comments: