Monday, August 06, 2007

A friend of my neighbor's is going to Bulgaria in September to work with women and children who live in horrible conditions. She would like to bring 150 scarves and pairs of socks to give to the people there. These two scarves are my contribution so far. scarves.JPGThe beige one is made with Goddess yarns Frederique, a lovely blend of superfine alpaca, baby alpaca and silk that I used to make a hat for my mother a few years ago. It is only 38" long, but hopefully it will make a cozy neck wrap for a woman, or a scarf for a child. The other one is made from Encore Worsted Colorspun, and it knit up so quickly and turned out so cute and that I just may need to make another one for the cause. I have been so caught up with following patterns that I had forgotten how satisfying it can be to make something with simple garter stitch or ribbing. Maybe it is all the yoga I have been doing lately, but I would like to start keeping at least one "zen" project in my diet along with the face glued to pattern more complex ones.

No comments: