Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Projects are in the works. The serf booties are all knit up, ready to be seamed and felted. serfbootiesinprogress.JPG I got sidetracked and started a Midwest Moonlight scarf which has been very enjoyable and quick to knit. I have only 6 pattern repeats to go unless I decide to make it longer than 60". I am using Cascade 220 Superwash #847, aka Caribbean, and it is a soothing color to work with. We'll see how much the superwash grows when it is blocked. I have had Scarf Style for over a year, but for some reason this is the first pattern that I have started from the book.
begmidwestmoonlight.JPG
I also have some magenta non-superwash Cascade waiting to be turned into a Tailored Scallops Jacket for my mother-in-law if the gauge works out. She has Lewy Body Disease, so it is impossible to know how many more Christmases she will be able to appreciate, so I would like to make her something special for this year.

No comments: