Monday, February 25, 2008

My friend Stephanie does beautiful cross stitch and also does amazing things with a sewing machine. When Bran was born, she gave us onesies on which she had cross stitched teddy bears. Whenever I dressed Bran, and later, Abe, in the onesies. I always thought of her and how special the gift was. So when she was pregnant with her first child, I wanted to make something to reciprocate the gesture.

I knew I needed to knit something small if I was to have any chance of finishing it, since Abe was only a few months old when Lorelei was born. I came across Miss Dashwood and it was just what I was looking for.

I wanted to make a larger size, so Lorelei would be able to wear the hat for longer than a month, and I wanted a sophisticated color, since I had a feeling she would have a personality to match it. And I am happy to see, now that she can wear it, that it suits her quite well!
P1002522.jpg

No comments: