Thursday, February 28, 2008

Progress and a new project

The Garter Stitch Cardigan has been blocked, and I finished the matching hat yesterday at Knitting Night. I'll post pics once I have found and attached some buttons. I should start working on the fronts and sleeves for my mom's Bristow, but instead I have decided to use up my last skein of Cascade 220 Superwash #847 and knit my first socks. I'm using the Cozy Armchair Socks pattern from Weekend Knitting, and it looks very basic, so we'll see how it goes. Maybe spring (and thus spring cleaning) is in the air, or maybe I have been affected by The Story of Stuff, but I suddenly feel a strong desire to use the yarn I have piled up in the closet. Whatever it is, I'm sure it won't last - especially when the weather warms up and the wool sales begin!

No comments: