Sunday, March 02, 2008

Garter stitch ensemble preview

Here is the garter stitch cardigan with matching hat for Kate's baby boy, modeled by Abe.
DSC_0016.JPG
Garter stitch works well for growing babies and children because it makes such a stretchy garment. I hope the recipient will be able to get a lot of use out of this ensemble.

I am chugging along on my sock, while trying to convince myself that working with dpns is fun. At least I figured out, after a little ripping, that I wouldn't get ladders in my work if, when moving to the next needle, I knit the first stitch onto the previous needle, not the empty one. I am interested to see how the heel works, so there is incentive to get to the end. Who knows, maybe when this project is finished I'll join the ranks of the many sock knitting addicts.

No comments: