Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ankle Fun and Jacket Progress

Thanks to the sprained ankle that I acquired in step class on Monday, I was sidelined for the past 2 days. Not fun, but on the bright side, it gave me the chance to get a lot of work done on my jacket. The body is done, so I just need to work the sleeves and then get everything connected for the yoke. I am going to leave off the hood and attempt to add a collar of some sort in 4x4 rib, to match the bottom and sleeves. The pattern is relatively straightforward so far. I did end up changing the recommended cast off/cast on buttonhole method to a yo, k2tog, after my first 2 buttonholes looked mangled. Hopefully a little fiddling and some large buttons will hide the mess in the end. I also opted not to go down a needle size for the garter stitch part of the body. I would like this jacket to be form-fitting, but since I am making it from the Patons, which isn't the softest wool in the world, I want to make sure there is room for a shirt underneath.

No comments: