Friday, September 12, 2008

Jacket Beginnings

In an effort to start knitting more projects for myself, I decided to break out some of the teal Patons Merino I bought on sale this summer, and cast on for this jacket.
DSC_0008
The chart for the cable pattern is difficult to read. Leigh Radford's Cafe Bastille Cables Sweater, which I made for my DH a few years ago, uses the same cable, but the chart is much clearer, so I am using that instead. I also may add a ribbed collar instead of the hood. I generally like the look of hoods, but find that I don't actually use them that often, and that they weigh down the back of the sweater when not in use. I'd love to finish this in time for cooler weather.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi! Saw you on Ravelry (we're in a few of the same groups. I'm in Roanoke, VA) today or yesterday and decided to check out your blog. Love it! I am (or was) a classical singer, too. Voice major in college but haven't done much singing in the last two years.

Your knit things are beautiful. I'm hoping to make things like that one day. Right now I have a couple of crochet projects I'm working on.