Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shetland Green

My second project for 10 shawls in 2010 had a spur of the moment beginning. I was looking on Ravelry at the many versions of the Shetland Triangle from Wrap Style, when I came across athenablue's.
DSC_0002
I happened to have 3 skeins of green Lion Wool, a crochet hook and some black leftover yarn sitting on my desk. Without giving myself a chance to think about it, I picked one up the crochet hook and the black yarn and started the provisional cast on for it.
DSC_0009
The project took 3 days from start to finish and was a joy to knit. I now fully understand why this is such a popular pattern! The Lion Wool is not the softest yarn ever, but I think the product still looks impressive nonetheless.

I followed the pattern and did 8 repeats. Unblocked, it measured 46" x 24" and after blocking it measured 65" x 35".
DSC_0013
I haven't decided what to do with the shawl yet, but I am currently leaning toward donating it to the silent auction at Bran's school.

Next up, Undine!

No comments: